I have been informed by the powers that be, that a flatfender is not big enough for the family to take on a trip to Moab. Fortunately, I have a big Wagoneer that I have been playing with for awhile. It was dubbed the CANYONERO (OF COURSE). It is a 1980 LIMITED with gas suckin’ 360 AMC engine, TF 727 transmission, and 219 transfercase. Axles currently are the factory Dana 44 & AMC 20. Complete with 3.31 gears. The plan? Well, since I like diesel engines it seems natural to install one. A 6.2 GM Diesel. Thats the plan, with a turbo 400 & 208 tranfercase. Axles will be a 8-lug Dana 44 front with a Ford sterling rear both with 4.11 gears. 37 inch H1 tires and beadlock rims will serve nicely. Why this particular combination of junk? Well, I already own all this stuff so it will keep the cost reasonable. Stay tuned. The madness will be starting soon.
- The Austin Healey story.
- Why does MY idea of “OLD CAR” differ from YOURS? Introducing the CHECKER.
- Ever worry that cars in traffic can’t see your vintage Jeep Wagon?
- Homer’s Garage is getting a new home!
- Catching up. Time flies so fast. Done some fun stuff. Need to write more.
- Willys Truck Continued.. THE SHIFTERS! And covering up big holes!
- The Willys pickup cluch linkage comes together
- The Willys Diesel Truck is coming along!
- So, as mentioned earlier, I’m going to sell a few things. This 56 Internatonal is one of ’em.
- A 72 Vega with a Cosworth Vega engine in it. Not my usual sort of post…