Dangit, I HATE being cold. Winter isn’t even officialy here yet and already I am already sick and tired of being cold. I was born and raised in Colorado and you would think that I would be used to the cold after 35 years. Remember Ralphies little brother all bundled up in the Christmas Story Movie? Yeah, THAT would be me. Global warming just seems like some kind of cruel joke to me. Perhaps the problem is that we had a very mild fall and I got used to it and now i’m just being bitter. Working on cars in the winter is a thankless job made worse by the indignity of water and mud dripping all over you. The concrete floor in my workshop is apparently the worlds largest cold sink and is cold even in the summer. The doors on the workshop open to the north so that when it is not iced over it is muddy and wet. Thank goodness for the heater of my own construction that feeds on dead dinosaur carcasses and beetle kill. It warms an area of about 6′ diameter to about 9000 degrees but doesn’t look anything like the heater in the BURBS movie. Outside of that diameter and near the floor a person is probably risking frostbite exposure or at least it sometimes feels that way. Probably more insulation will have to get added soon or perhaps some solar designs just to help a little. Gotta go split more firewood so I don’t freeze to death. Later!
- The Austin Healey story.
- Why does MY idea of “OLD CAR” differ from YOURS? Introducing the CHECKER.
- Ever worry that cars in traffic can’t see your vintage Jeep Wagon?
- Homer’s Garage is getting a new home!
- Catching up. Time flies so fast. Done some fun stuff. Need to write more.
- Willys Truck Continued.. THE SHIFTERS! And covering up big holes!
- The Willys pickup cluch linkage comes together
- The Willys Diesel Truck is coming along!
- So, as mentioned earlier, I’m going to sell a few things. This 56 Internatonal is one of ’em.
- A 72 Vega with a Cosworth Vega engine in it. Not my usual sort of post…