In the garage sits a ’95 Cummins 6 bt 12 valve P 7100 pump motor…..my neighbor has a lifted 4 door fullsize cherokee… basically the same as a wagoneer…..and its mine for the taking…. Now I’ve been crazy busy lately with work and keeping up with all sorts of other responsibility but I really want this to happen. This FSJ (fullsize jeep) is a original paint minimal rust unit that has not been driven in at least 6 years…. It’s been in the same spot since I moved to this neighborhood… It has aftermarket gauges, a 4 inch lift, 33 inch BFG mud tires ( all dry rotted I’m sure) , and a truetrac limited slip in the rear dana 44. It’s also totally lacking motor, trans and transfercase….. so much the better I figure…. saves me the trouble of pullin it all out…. In the place of the original stuff I figure the Cummins hooked up to a Ford ZF 5 speed with a 4bt breadtruck adapter from a Ford chassis truck…. then use a np208 from a 80’s Dodge with a Ford 208 input gear. The same combo of stuff has managed to hold up to the 6BT in the m715 for over 50,000 brutal miles now and has held up amazingly well since the pump is VERY tweeked…governor spring and all! I do have to go easy on the clutch since the single disc clutch is barely able to hold it all….A buddy of mine with a ’06 Dodge with a programmed common rail was able to beat me by a fender length……but I was towing a trailer… Now I think I need this kind of silliness in a 4 doored package….so the FSJ seems like the ticket as I’m feeling like the Cherokee XJ that I have now is a bit small for all i ask of it and its certainly not up to pulling a trailer or anything… I’ll try and post some pics as this happens…. Whaddya think?
- The Austin Healey story.
- Why does MY idea of “OLD CAR” differ from YOURS? Introducing the CHECKER.
- Ever worry that cars in traffic can’t see your vintage Jeep Wagon?
- Homer’s Garage is getting a new home!
- Catching up. Time flies so fast. Done some fun stuff. Need to write more.
- Willys Truck Continued.. THE SHIFTERS! And covering up big holes!
- The Willys pickup cluch linkage comes together
- The Willys Diesel Truck is coming along!
- So, as mentioned earlier, I’m going to sell a few things. This 56 Internatonal is one of ’em.
- A 72 Vega with a Cosworth Vega engine in it. Not my usual sort of post…